We are really proud of the personal qualities that your children demonstrate and would encourage you to help the children discuss them at home too. These are the personal qualities of Stretton:
We encourage the children across the school to work towards achieving a Gold standard in all these personal qualities. If you would like to discuss them further with your child, just click on each one to view what they are all about.
We are also really proud of our Christian values here at Stretton and we focus on one of these each half term. They are:
* Peace and Reconciliation
Our Parent Council meeting on Tuesday 10th November 2015 was attended by:
- Adding a pupil voice comment to the report, for the children to talk about their own learning
- Putting in one specific target for each of Reading, Writing and Maths
- Provisionally booked in for Friday 29th January 2016
- To link to a wider theme of multiculturalism in class, acting as the celebration of different things the children have learnt
- Give opportunity to the older children (Y5 and Y6) to lead in talking about their own cultures to the other pupils
- Keep open ended: food, music, festivals, traditions etc.- aim is to be an overall celebration of the different cultures we have here at Stretton
- A letter will go out to parents over the next couple of weeks, informing them of the Community Day, and asking for volunteers to come in who would be happy to share parts of their culture with the children.
- Sharing of the different sentence types/maths strategies the pupils are using to help parents aid children's learning at home (putting onto website?/look into running pupil and parent session?)