We are so pleased with the success of the last parent council meeting! We have taken on your views and responded to them by improving our termly reports even further. We are looking forward to seeing you again at our next meeting on Tuesday 8th March 2016 at 2.15 to 3.15 - refreshments will be provided. New members are always welcome, just give us a call in the office if you would like to attend and give us your views!
Head of School
Our meeting on Tuesday 10th November 2015 was attended by:
- Adding a pupil voice comment to the report, for the children to talk about their own learning
- Putting in one specific target for each of Reading, Writing and Maths
- Provisionally booked in for Friday 29th January 2016
- To link to a wider theme of multiculturalism in class, acting as the celebration of different things the children have learnt
- Give opportunity to the older children (Y5 and Y6) to lead in talking about their own cultures to the other pupils
- Keep open ended: food, music, festivals, traditions etc.- aim is to be an overall celebration of the different cultures we have here at Stretton
- A letter will go out to parents over the next couple of weeks, informing them of the Community Day, and asking for volunteers to come in who would be happy to share parts of their culture with the children.
- Sharing of the different sentence types/maths strategies the pupils are using to help parents aid children's learning at home (putting onto website?/look into running pupil and parent session?)